The purpose of this research is to find out, compare and analyse the attitude of male and female students towards shorthand course in the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu. The researchers were guided by the shorthand attitude scale (SAS) relating to students attitude towards shorthand course, the difference between male and female students attitudes towards shorthand course in the Institute of Management, Enugu. Also to find out the implication of lack of adequate equipment and poor method of teaching towards shorthand course.
The findings revealed that students generally have a positive attitude towards shorthand in Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu. Also the findings revealed that there is lack of adequate equipment for shorthand course in Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu, this effects the students attitude towards the course. Shorthand lecturers do encourage their students and put in their best in the teaching-learning procedure.
Based on the findings from the shorthand attitude scale (SAS), the researchers were able to recommend the following:
1. Reasonable periods should be allocated to shorthand course in order to make the course interesting.
2. The government should help to provide funds and adequate materials and equipment, should also be made available to shorthand course.
3. Industrial visits should be undertaken periodically by students who offer shorthand course.
4. The class accommodation should be made moderate to suit proper learning environment to enhance effective and efficient teaching and learning.
5. The teachers should endeavour to encourage their students.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
Background of the Study
Statement of the problem
Purpose of the study
Scope of the study
Significance of the study
Limitation of the study
Definition of terms